Chardleigh is our Residential Children’s Home based close to Chard in Somerset. It provides care for 5 young people.
The house is in a rural position within large, private grounds and is on the same site as 3 Dimensions School.
Education is provided by our own school or through a local mainstream school or college as determined by each young person’s Placement Plan.
Chardleigh provides services for planned placements. Emergency placements are not accepted. Our process means that when placing new young people we will undoubtedly take into consideration the young people that are already placed in the home.
All our young people exhibit social difficulties and are receiving support in addressing communication skills and awareness skills.
Most of the young people at Chardleigh also display forms of challenging behaviour, are very vulnerable and are placed for their own welfare. Some young people may experience other developmental delay, emotional or cognitive difficulties.
At Chardleigh, our aim is to focus on the following five outcomes:
• Staying Safe - ensuring that our young people not only feel safe but understand what we mean by this terminology and how it applies to issues such as crime, self-harm and personal risk-taking.
• Being Healthy - not just mentally and physically, but through expanding awareness of the life style choices available and the impact this will have on the lives of our young people and those around them.
• Enjoying and Achieving - both in their education and life itself. Developing a positive mindset that will enable our young people to take action to get the most out of life.
• Achieving Economic Wellbeing - by staying in education and engaging in training which will provide a greater choice of job opportunities, long term security, and stability.
• Making a Positive Contribution - for themselves, the local community and society and through embracing life's challenges positively. We will work alongside other service providers and community-based projects to fulfill this.
At the heart of what we do is to provide opportunities and experience for social learning and life skills education that will be invaluable for their future success and to make a positive
contribution living in the community.
Chardleigh has a team of care staff of differing ages and with diverse experience and knowledge in life and working with children. The team is already trained, or in the process of training, in Health & Social Care Diploma Level 3 for Children and Young People. Staff work on a rota system, and provide holiday and sickness cover, to ensure continuity of relationships and boundaries.
At the home, our philosophy and our work ethic is one that is predominantly proactive rather than reactive to the home's care provision.
By being proactive, our young people will have a better opportunity to benefit from our 'learning through experience' environment. This helps them understand issues that create conflict and why
and how they can take appropriate control of their lives.
Young people at the home will experience that, just as in life, their actions have positive and negative consequences. Each young person will be encouraged to consider their actions, make informed choices, take responsibility for themselves and the resulting consequences, respect boundaries and respect others.
Check our latest vacancies - new type of contract available! Can apply for 30 hrs or 38 hrs average per week. £9.50 per hour. Sleep-ins on top.
Read the latest Woodview "Good" Ofsted Report dated 05.11.19
Read the latest Chardleigh House Ofsted report 21.08.19
Read the latest Chardleigh House "Good" Ofsted Report dated 21.06.2018
Ashcroft re-inspected by the CQC on 04.05.2017 and retains its Outstanding rating. Read the full report here.